I’m TAGGED! Alexis over at Tales from the Back Acher , who also, BY THE WAY, made my AMAZING header for me that I LOVE, has tagged me with this Christmas meme. Alexis is just one of those ladies that I can see sitting in her kitchen over a cup of coffee (or PEPSI) and blowing away an entire morning laughing and talking. She’s one of those COMFORTABLE ladies…she also has this WONDERFUL talent for making these headers and buttons that I just LOVE and didn’t think WordPress would let me USE! YAY! Anyway, check out her blog and her OTHER blog…
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Ummmm….both. I lean more towards Egg Nog though. It reminds me of my parents growing up and that was a special treat!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Always wrapped. USUALLY, each child’s presents are wrapped in unique paper different than the others, but this year I got lazy.
3. Colored light on house/tree or white? We have all white lights on our tree, but I saw my Mom’s blue and green lights on their tree and LOVE it!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nothing like smoochin’ under tree fungus….I do if I have it, any excuse to make out with Handsome I’ll take. Darn healthy trees this year…
5. When do you put your decorations up? When Mike decides to loosen his Scrooge grip. He HATES to do it. I’m one that wants it up THANKSGIVING WEEKEND. And he’d put a charlie brown up on the tv and call it a holiday. This year, it’s still not up, and not lookin’ like any time soon either…it’ll be up Christmas Eve, this I VOW!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? excluding dessert?? Well, that’s just NO fun! OK, any I didn’t have to MAKE or BUY. 😉
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Sneaking into the tree at night to play with my ornaments. Oh those ballerina ornaments were just TOO irristable! I love watching Christmas trees after they’ve been all decorated and looking through all the special ornaments.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? ….wait….WHAT??? He’s not REAL?!?!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? we always did growing up and I LOVED that part. Mom would read the Christmas story and we’d get to open ONE. We don’t do that here though. It would ruin the lump of coal the kids get Christmas morning.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? with as much crap as humanly possible! If the kids made it, painted it, slapped it with glitter or stood in the ROOM while it was being made, it’s on the tree. There are mostly kid ornaments on there, some made, some bought. The kids get a new ornament every year, so by now, it’s covered and Mike and I’s ornaments get left out, or their hung in the back where no one sees them. LOL
11. Snow. Love it or dread it? LOVE it!!
12. Can you ice skate? like…is this a new exercise or something? It sounds like work and dangerous….I think I’ll pass. (I’ve done it ONCE when I was 9, so I don’t think I’ll be an olympic skater….but I DID stay up!) I’m too old and tired for that crap anymore.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? White plastic Burger King watch from my parents when I was probably Austin’s age. It has HUGE sentimental value to me and I actually still have it. I would tell you the story, but you’d cry and stuff and ruin my sarcasm tonight. Maybe another time…
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? Christ. Always. No sarcasm there. I want the kids to know 100% that gifts have nothing to do with it, they’re a bonus. I want them to learn to give MORE of themselves and expect LESS from everyone else. They’re Christmases are not huge by any stretch of the imagination, and some years, it’s been sad and depressing. But they’ve grown and matured through it, and they do appreciate everything they get because of those tough times. AND, it gives them a HEART for helping others more. Like doing Heidi’s . Shameless plug…
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pecan pie…YUM…or key lime pie….or cheesecake…great, now I’m hungry…
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Going to Rhema Christmas Eve and walking around and seeing their GINORMOUS light display! Also where and when Mike proposed to me. 😉
17. What tops your Christmas tree? An angel
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? GIVING! It can BE stressful, but by FAR the best part of Christmas. I LOVE to see them open up something I’ve found JUST for them! So if I give you something this year, LIKE IT!
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck? Yuck…let’s put some chocolate covered pretzels up there instead! Really now…
21. What do you want for Christmas? I want new nightgowns. I want new clothes. I want new workout clothes. I want new furniture in the living room. I want a date with my Handsome Honey ALONE. But Santa probably won’t put any of it in MY stocking. Stupid Santa…
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? Mike’s company has one every year.
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ’s? We go to Mike’s Mom’s house every Christmas eve, so we do a casual dress.
24. Do you own a Santa hat? No.
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? BOTH sides of the family, but this year, we are Scroogin’ it and only doing MY side of the family! BAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Now, I get to tag five others.
OK, my computer is messin up, so before I lose the WHOLE thing again, I’ll just say the names….I’m a loser.
2.) Daniele at Life as a MOM
3.) Hannah at CosarFamily
4.) Miss Scarlett
5.) And Heidi from Sacred and Profane (OK, yes, I know she was already tagged, but I’ve already lost my post ONCE, I gotta HURRY! LOL It still counts doggonit! LOL)